Tuesday, December 25, 2007

2007 Year-End

Happy Holidays to everyone! I didn't get Chistmas Cards out, so hoping this is the next best thing. I did send the I Got Elfed, which only lasts until I think January 8th. If you haven't seen it, check this out: http://www.elfyourself.com/?id=1772452726. It is hard to believe 2007 is coming to an end. So much has happened this past year. The most exciting is going to Ireland for most of the summer and David being offered more conferences to teach at internationally. I made a short video clip of my Ireland trip. See the Ireland 2007 link to the right. I also hope to add more pics over the next few weeks now that school is on break. Here are a few of Matthew and Justin, and our dog Morgan.
As for school news, Matt is looking into art colleges, and hoping for Savannah School of Art and Design. Justin has surprised everyone with his artistic talent especially in architecture drawing. He won 2nd place at the county fair for one of his art pieces and his art teacher wants him entered into the UIL high school competition for art. Matt is also focusing on taking more foundational art classes the next 2 years after 2 years of taking graphic and animation design courses. Both kids are playing Varsity and JV tennis still, but not as enthusiastic about it as their drawing. I am in my 3rd year at Texas State University. The last 2 semesters I made a 4.0 GPA, and 3rd time on the Dean's list. I was chosen and presented an undergrad paper at a medieval studies conference at the the University of Virginia's College at Wise and have been offered and accepted to present at St. Francis in Joliet this coming March. My sites are still set on tech writing, although I am considering a double major in grad school with literature focusing on medieval studies. I am particular interested in Celtic and Germanic Christian pilgrimage literature, but I have found a new love of Anglo-Saxon literature - Beowulf beware! I have really taken a keen interest photography and will be incorporating that and my writing while publishing an actual online/print magazine for my university's study-abroad program. It is part of an Honors independent study. My skeleton photograph won 2nd place overall in their photo competition and was blown up and on display for a whole month in our university library. It was a great honor. David thinks I should try putting my photographs in a gallery. I thought that was a great compliment. As for David he is still technical director at Lakehills Church in Bee Caves (south Austin) and will be traveling to teach at Christian conferences internationally in the upcoming months to Frankfurt; Amsterdam, possibly Sydney, Toronto, and London. Australia is to be in February but it is still up in the air. I hope to get there sooner than later to meet with my penpal to whom I have been writing for over 30 years. It is a new conference location and it is the only one the company is not paying for travel. If not this year, hopefully next. The whole family is venturing with my parents to Puerta Vallarta in June. The kids and I are very excited about going.
I do hope everyone stays in touch. Would love to hear what everyone else is up to.
I will try to keep up with my blog journal more faithfully in the next year.
Peace, Love, and have a Blessed New Year!
~Susan



No comments: